Friday, November 14, 2008

Waitin on a woman..

I watched the Country Music Awards Wednesday night and thoroughly enjoyed every minute! I have a thing for country music I guess. Carrie Underwood was awesome with a beautiful array of dresses. She was also Female Vocalist of the Year again! Brad Paisley, another favorite, was Male Vocalist of the year!
Martina Mcbride and Kid Rock were great too!


Brad sang his new hit "Waitin' on a Woman". His choice of song lyrics are very down to earth and a lot of people can relate to them.

Artist: Brad paisley
Album: Time Well Wasted
Title: Waitin' On A Woman


Sittin' on a bench at West Town Mall
He sat down in his overalls and asked me
You waitin' on a woman
I nodded yeah and said how 'bout you
He said son since nineteen fifty-two I've been
Waitin' on a woman

When I picked her up for our first date
I told her I'd be there at eight
And she came down the stairs at eight-thirty
She said I'm sorry that I took so long
Didn't like a thing that I tried on
But let me tell you son she sure looked pretty
Yeah she'll take her time but I don't mind
Waitin' on a woman

He said the wedding took a year to plan
You talk about an anxious man, I was nervous
Waitin' on a woman
And then he nudged my arm like old men do
And said, I'll say this about the honeymoon, it was worth it
Waitin' on a woman

And I don't guess we've been anywhere
She hasn't made us late I swear
Sometimes she does it just 'cause she can do it
Boy it's just a fact of life
It'll be the same with your young wife
Might as well go on and get used to it
She'll take her time 'cause you don't mind
Waitin' on a woman

I've read somewhere statistics show
The man's always the first to go
And that makes sense 'cause I know she won't be ready
So when it finally comes my time
And I get to the other side
I'll find myself a bench, if they've got any
I hope she takes her time, 'cause I don't mind
Waitin' on a woman

Honey, take your time, cause I don't mind
Waitin' on a woman


I personally think it is disrespectful to be late when someone else is waiting. I try to be on time, but don't always succeed.

There is a message about love that hit me.... something that stays with a person to get them through 10, 20 -50 years of marriage.

If you can look past the fact that someone is late, and look at why they are late, in this instance a young girl so wrapped up in the love she feels for her man!

"It was worth it", he says in the song.

You can't put a price on the feeling you get when someone is head over heels for you and looses all track of time, not from disorganization, but from that feeling of wanting to put forward their best for the one they love. NURTURE THAT!!

Lasting love isn't built only disciplining yourself to love, but mostly on the memories of those times your mate was totally head over heals "stupid" in love for you!!


The good thing is that God feels this way about us everyday and it never fades!!
God pursues you and His mercies are new everyday!

No comments: