Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Back again...

Its been a while again.. I have been working alot during the week while the kids are in school to fill in for the guy who just had surgery. I like the extra money, but I'm not getting anything else done. Both Kira and Derek started T-ball and Softball so we have been running them there 4 nights a week! I still have tons of ideas to write about just not much time to put all my thoughts on "paper".

Mother's day was nice. I got a dozen roses and some Japanese Cherry Blossom lotion from Bath and Body works - My favorite! Thanks Hugh and Heather(sis)! I took the kids and their friends to the peninsula and watched some birds and beavers and then had dinner at a 50's dinor that is on the beach! Hugh said he was going fishing while we went and then surprised us at dinner! That was nice!

I have been woken up at night lately by thoughts that come to mind. I think God puts them there to tell me things sometimes. I woke up the other night feeling overwhelmed by all the things I had been doing lately and feeling like I have lost some closeness with my kids. When I woke up the only thing I could think about was that my kids have a wonderful home and two parents who love them and take care of them and they are well behaved (for the most part). I know I can let them play with their friends or by themselves in the playroom in the basement and they can keep themselves occupied with good activities. Yet, I haven't been taking the active role in teaching them to BE a friend, LOVE God, Believe God and share a relationship with God. I asked myself the question, " Do I know what my kids ask God about?" "Do I encourage this relationship and nourish it with God's word EVERYDAY?" Satan is out there ready to attack them at any moment and they need to be prepared! Their little hearts and minds are so fragile at this time. It is my responsibility to prioritize the day praying God's word over them first thing everyday.

It's hard growing up sometimes. Kids are learning to play with many kids at the same time. They are making close friendships with a few. A little envy creeps in sometimes when one person doesn't play with them at recess enough. It's tough when you get in trouble for laughing at a cruel joke when you know it would hurt someone else. Even learning how to make someone feel comfortable in any group situation is important. Learning how to walk away from the kids who will get you in trouble and not wanting to hurt their feelings in the meantime. (I say he's not really your friend if he wants to get you in trouble.)

All these little lessons we learn in Kindergarten apply throughout life!! I am still trying to remember them myself.

I ask God for wisdom everyday to give me the words to answer all their questions. Even then I know they have to figure out most of them by themselves! That's when they remember them the most.

I can do all things through Christ! The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom! I am thankful to wake up in the middle of the night to hear God's voice if that's what it takes to get my attention! I am amazed at how the Holy Spirit protects and guides me! He will do it for you if you ask too!!

No comments: