Tuesday, December 30, 2008

A new year...

I woke up today and opened the blinds only to see the light of the sun shining on my face! It was so warm and beautiful I just stood there for a few minutes basking in its warmth and brightness! All I could think of was that Jesus Christ is the light of my life. I was reminded of His VAST love for me and that He chose me to shine His light on everyday! That is intimate and romantic!

I haven't blogged in ohhh what about a month - that is awful as I am inspired everyday trying to think of what I will write about. First I will catch you up. Christmas was very nice and the kids were blessed with many thoughtful gifts of which they played most of the vacation time.

I attended a funeral for a dear friend from college who died at 38 of colon cancer. He is with our RISEN savior Jesus Christ right now! He lived his life with a reverence for Christ every day. He fought the cancer until the end of his time here only to be welcomed in heaven by our wonderful creator who gave him a new and perfect body with no pain! Even though it hurts us when we lose someone close to us, GOD is still GOD and will continue to be faithful to provide all our needs. He works all things together for good!

I also celebrated 11 years with my husband on the 27Th! I am reminded of the love I have for my husband and the gift of his friendship that surrounds me everyday! I have been blessed with his insight into God's word. I have been blessed with two beautiful children who also have expressed interest in knowing our savior Jesus Christ! There is no greater joy than knowing your children are walking in the Lord! Hugh is a good father and husband who works so hard to provide and care for us everyday. He loves our Savior and tells people about HIM every chance he gets. I love you Hugh and thank God for the blessing of you in my life everyday! I know that your love will always be there even if we disagree. I know that you seek the counsel of God in every situation and I thank God for everything he puts us through to bring us into the people He wants us to be! I wouldn't change a thing in regards to what God is doing in our lives! As we are stronger for every trial and blessing he bestows on us! I love you will all my heart!

No comments: