Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! Today was a good time with family on both sides. The turkey was delicious at both homes! I love the sweet potato casserole my mom makes and the pineapple casserole Hugh's Aunt Gina makes! I don't know why we only get once or twice a year! I guess that keeps it special!

I am truly looking forward to our sisterly tradition we have started about 5 years ago. My sister Heather hosts the "Christmas Cookie Baking Fest" at her house. We all make the dough of the cookies we want and bring them to Heathers and play awesome christmas music and have a blast remembering old times and making new memories with each other. It gets more fun every year because we add more kids to help! (Heather has been the one to do that lately). Kira is a big help now, she loves to roll the thumbprints and Derek, he likes to lick the frosting spoon!

I am so thankful for my family. They are the most important possession in the world! I cherish every moment I have with them.(even whem I'm tired and cranky). I am thankful for the new friends I have met at church. They have given me encouragement when I need it the most. God led me to this group of women at just the right time in my life and I say thank you to all of you for your prayers and support. Have a wonderful day and see Jesus working in your life today giving you peace and clarity in every situaiton. You will know what to do when He leads you!

No comments: